Here at Blueyse, our mission is to provide communication strategies that create a more inclusive world while reducing inequalities and promoting gender equality. Therefore, you can imagine our sadness and disappointment in the recent news across the ocean in the United States.
We want to reaffirm to all our clients and partners that we are for the protection of reproductive rights. These rights are not only social issues but also business issues as it impacts our workforce, economy and progress towards gender equality.
Restricting comprehensive reproductive care threatens people’s health, independence and economic stability. Moreover, with this overturned ruling, we are fearful of other rights at risks like access to contraceptives, same-sex marriage, and interracial marriage.
Therefore, for our fellow Americans and for everyone else in the world, we ask that you join and stand against policies that hinder people’s health, independence and ability to succeed in the workplace.
Here are some resources to help and learn:
- Sign onto the Don’t Ban Equality statement at https://dontbanequality.com/
- In the Netherlands, abortion is still included in the Criminal Code (Article 296) Let us change that. https://www.humanistischverbond.nl/watwedoen/onze-programmas/leven-liefde-en-dood/abortus-geen-misdaad/
- Support abortion funds, especially in the states that have abortion Trigger bans (Arkansas, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming) https://abortionfunds.org/funds/
- Support an abortion fund for all Indigenous people in the US and Canada https://airtable.com/shrLw8oy9UTIPkpXv
- Support Planned Parenthood https://www.plannedparenthood.org/
- Stay informed https://www.prochoiceamerica.org/media/reports-fact-sheets/
Talk about these issues in your workplace. This is not just a “female” problem, it is an everyone problem and should be addressed on professional platforms. Let us normalize these issues.